Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Mommy Crazy Devotion

Well, just a blog about being a mommy. Since our Ruthie came I have been sleeping in, waking at 7 am or even 8 am. All the while, I knew I needed to get up earlier. You know, "she riseth while it is yet night..." Proverbs 31: something

So lately I am feeling a little more energetic, on the days my hubby works nights I stay up till 2 or 3 cleaning up my home, folding clothes and all that. We all know it is better to do things early and sleep at night, Right? Also we have started a ladies Bible study at church, it was great at our first meeting. Their are ladies of all ages. I love to hear our older saints talk about how they also felt overwhelmed as young mothers. Sometimes I think I am the only one, or it is because I have a lot of children but every lady with children raised said they too felt overwhelmed with little ones and housework and church and all. They all also said what made the difference on many days was whether or not they got up with the Lord. Anyway, today is the day. I got up early and my plan of attack was time with the Lord, a little housework, get dressed for the day and wake the kids and start off right. Well I woke up at 5:45, alarm was set at 6, but I figured my body was excited to start our new plan of attack also, so I got up. I no sooner than went to the restroom and # 2 was awake. Then # 3, then # 4, then # 6 started to cry. Okay by know my plan is failing and I am completely frustrated. What went wrong. So, I awaken Allen, "Honey they are all up and I haven't even had my my with the Lord yet. " "Make them go back to bed." "Okay!!" So I sent them all back to bed. (Crying) New plan, have a shower and my time with God; In the shower, no Bible today, just prayer. So I can't hear the crying because I made them go back to bed. So Day One of my plan gone. While I type this three have gone potty, two asked if it is time to get up.

So what is the point, yes time with God is of top importance, but let us remember, we are often taken off track. I took my shower and spent time with God. Right or Wrong?? I think it made me relax, feel better, lose my frustration so my kids can have a good mom today, so Right? We need to remember that our plan will fail, we are human, and time alone with God means "Time alone with God". Even if it has to happen in the shower so you can't hear the crying kids. I mean reality is some days the morning may not be the best time for a devotion that day, and it won't hurt, never has hurt a child to cry for 20 minutes while you pray in the shower, so you can't hear them. And side note: no one was crying when I got out of the shower, they were just waiting to ask me if they could know get up. And I can do my devotion tonight after they go to bed and my hubby goes to work.

Well I know I rambled and not a lot of sense, but maybe I can help a young mom today, though my frustration and regaining of control though God.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is a really good post...monday was a freakout day for me, that's why I didn't make it to the bible study...just every time I would turn around...the boys would have undone the very task that I had just completed...so, do it all over again...yesterday, was much the same, and in the midst of all three boys crying b/c they didn't want to take a nap, and me surrounded by 10 loads of laundry...i put my head inside a hamper of towels (dirty no less) and screamed...then I just cried out to the Lord, it honestly wasn't the most spiritual time, but somehow, after ranting to Him about all my problems for 20 minutes...He seemed to fix things, the boys settled into sleep...and the clock seemed to slow, and I was able to get the majority of things done, and all my nerves were gone....I love how we can cast our burdens on Him, and He truly does carry them for us. I love you girl, and I will be praying for you!